The Gig Economy & Challenges with the New Age Work
The 2018 National Employment Solutions Conference will be held at Twin Towns Services Club, Tweed Heads, NSW over the 8th – 9th October.
The conference provides the opportunity to be involved through presenting, learning, engaging, networking and collaborating with other professionals within the employment sector.
Joining us at the conference is Mrs Jillian Hamilton, Managing Director at Manage Damage who will present on ‘The Gig Economy & Challenges with the New Age Work’.
Session Description: A case study and journey in Australia where the Gig Economy and the ever-changing global workforce is placing new challenges on our business risk
– Share knowledge of Giggers at Work in Australia and other International Case Issues in Point
– Who is responsible for the Worker? The challenges with the new forms of Employment
– Who is legally responsible for their insurance?
– What tools are used to determine who owns a Gigger?
– How are they insured?
– Why are we sharing our Insurance?
– Informing your Customer about how to Contract your Gig Workers to reduce exposure
– Approaches from more than one country
– Global Solutions for Localised Challenges & Possible Solutions that are transportable to other nations
Jillian Hamilton is Managing Director of Manage Damage, an Australian risk management advisory firm; Jillian has an extensive career across many industries and saw the need to approach safety and risk in a new way. The result is the philosophy of Risk DollarisationTM where Non-Financial Risks as managed by a Financial Approach. This results in the true cost of business risk being quantified which creates an environment where it is marked, measured and managed.
For more information on the 2018 National Employment Solutions Conference and to secure your spot, please visit www.employmentsolutions.net.au