Speaker Opportunity: Last Chance To speak at The Long-Term Unemployment Conference
The 2016 Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference; Finding Solutions will be held on the 1-2 December 2016, at the Mercure in Brisbane. To register for the Conference CLICK HERE. Early bird closes 20th October.
The conference theme focuses on industry working together with employment agencies to create positive outcomes for Australia’s long-term unemployed.
Authors or organisations interested in presenting at the 2016 Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference are invited to submit a 300 word abstract. To submit an abstract CLICK HERE. Abstracts close 11th August.
What are employers looking for when hiring a long-term unemployed worker? Is that criterion being met by supplying agencies? How do the two come together?
The conference addresses these questions and focuses on what has worked; how the process can be improved; what resources are available; are those resources accessible; and the corporate social responsibility of business.
Combining practical examples, theory, research and best practice this conference elevates the dialogue to include businesses, not-for-profits, Government agencies, human resource professionals, social security services and industrial relations advocates.
You are invited to submit an abstract on any of the following topics;-
- Early intervention
- Real solutions: programs and tools for organisations
- Behavioural aspects: relationship between mental health and the long term unemployed
- The lived experience and support: housing, Centrelink, training
- The marginalised unemployed: ATSI, LGBTI, rural and remote, people with disabilities, multicultural groups
- Issues affecting specific groups: young school leavers, mature age, untrained, over qualified university
- Future of Work: the changing face of work and the workplace
- Understanding occupation
- Preparing people for work
- Job availability: engagement with employers
- Employment Best Practice: case studies from Australia and Overseas
- Industry expectations and requirements
All proposals will be reviewed by the program committee. Presentations will be selected to provide a program that offers a comprehensive and diverse treatment of issues related to the conference theme. Authors will be notified by e-mail of the outcome of their abstract submission. To register for the Conference CLICK HERE.