Simon Schweigert from the Recruitment and Consulting Services Association joins us this November
Simon Schweigert, Manager, Media and Government Relations at the Recruitment and Consulting Services Association will discuss WorkAbility, Youth and the Future of Work at the 2015 Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference this November.
Mr Schweigert will discuss:
- That there are two elements in opening Employment Pathways for youth: recruitment and retention. While they are inter-dependent they also frequently have different KPI’s and measures. However realising sustainable employment outcomes should be the most sought after outcome from any journey on the pathway to employment.
- Collaboration is key and the time is NOW to harness changes in the world of work to increase participation and to capture the changing work preferences and needs of workers and employers.
- RCSA is seeing growing skills shortages and a growing lack of job-readiness among youth. Job experience and work-readiness are crucial tools to assist youth transition to work – these tools are only realised in collaborative environments, however opportunities are also in decline.
- RCSA Youth Jobs Charter (YJC) is an industry lead initiative to actively engage members of RCSA in initiatives to open more pathways. Members speak with youth in schools, conduct workshops and mentor youth about the world of work and transitioning to work.
- These practical skills are frequently learnt, not taught.
For more information on the 2015 Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference please click here.