Meet the Judges – Employment Awards, Ian Bridger
Ian has over 30 years’ experience within the Employment and Training sector, 10 of these years were spent working in Europe and Asia. Ian has completed an MBA majoring in Organisational Learning and Change, is a qualified trainer and is currently teaching management, leadership development and cultural diversity subjects to undergraduate and post graduate students at The Australian College of Applied Psychology.
Ian has been working with indigenous communities and business for the past 10 years in the areas of education, training, employment and organisational behaviour. As a result of the work that he has done Ian received a special acknowledgement at World Indigenous Day held at Sydney Town Hall in 2007 and has been given an associate membership with the Babana Men’s Group Redfern.
Ian has also worked with the mental health sector and is the co-developer and copyright owner of 30888QLD Certificate IV in Mentoring in Diverse Groups (Indigenous Mentoring).
Ian has been a driving force behind Indigenous employment strategies within the education and employment sectors. His work has enabled clients to gain new skills, achieve employment and assisted organisations to grow and to truly embrace cultural diversity.
The Awards aim to recognise, raise awareness, and promote the benefits of employing Long Term Unemployed. We are seeking nomination for these Awards on the following categories:
- Disability Employment;
- Mature Age Employment;
- Youth Employment;
- Indigenous Employment; and
- Regional Employment Initiatives.
The Awards provide an excellent opportunities for networking and recognition of innovation. Award winners will be profiled by media partners and on the conference website and social media. Awards will be presented at the Long Term Unemployment Conference Welcome Reception.
Who can apply – Representatives from all types of organisations active in employment initiatives across Australia, including not-for-profit, corporate and government agencies that are aiming to better serve their communities across Australia.
Presentation – The Award Presentation Ceremony is at the Long Term Unemployment Conference Welcome Reception on 18th August 2014 at the QT Hotel, Surfers Paradise
What do winners receive? An engraved award and certificate along with recognition at the Award Presentation Ceremony. Winners will also be profiled on the conference website and social media sites.
- Nominations open 16th August 2013
- Nominations Close 16th June 2014
- Award Ceremony 18th August 2014
Award – Submission Online entry for the Awards via this website form.
Entries open 16 August 2013 and close 18 June 2014 and entries will only be accepted during this timeframe. To enter you must complete the online entry form.
The online entry:
- requires you to provide a brief overall description of your project, for use in the Conference Proceedings and other promotional material
- has a 300-word limit to each criterion
- requires all selection criteria to be addressed as appropriate to the project; if a criterion is not relevant to the project state ‘not applicable’.
Entries for the awards should address the following selection criteria:
- Innovation and/or best practice: How does your program/initiative demonstrate innovation and/or best practice in the recruitment, employment and retention of LTU employed?
- Process and planning: Describe the process, planning and consultation for your program/initiative for the LTU employed
- Community needs: How are community needs met by this program/initiative for LTU employed
The judging process – Each Award category will be judged by the Advisory Committee with judging based on the submitted entry form (entrants do not present). Judging will be based on the material provided by you, within the online entry form.
More information – If you require more information about the Awards submission process and sponsorship please contact the Secretariat.Employment Awards 2014 18 August 2014, QT Hotel Surfers Paradise URL: www.longtermunemployment.org.au Ph: (61 7) 5502 2068