Long-Term Unemployment Conference date and venue announced
The 2016 Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference; Finding Solutions will be held on the 1-2 December 2016, at the Mercure in Brisbane.
The theme, Finding Solutions, focuses on industry working together with employment agencies to create positive outcomes for Australia’s long-term unemployed.
What are employers looking for when hiring a long-term unemployed worker? Is that criterion being met by supplying agencies? How do the two come together?
The Conference addresses these questions and focuses on what has worked; how the process can be improved; what resources are available; are those resources accessible; and the corporate social responsibility of business.
Combining practical examples, theory, research and best practice this conference elevates the dialogue to include businesses, not-for-profits, Government agencies, human resource professionals, social security services and industrial relations advocates.
Conference topics to be addressed include;
- Early intervention
- Real solutions: programs and tools for organisations
- Behavioural aspects: relationship between mental health and the long term unemployed
- The lived experience and support: housing, Centrelink, training
- The marginalised unemployed: ATSI, LGBTI, rural and remote, people with disabilities, multicultural groups
- Issues affecting specific groups: young school leavers, mature age, untrained, over qualified university
- Future of Work: the changing face of work and the workplace
- Understanding occupation
- Preparing people for work
- Job availability: engagement with employers
- Employment Best Practice: case studies from Australia and Overseas
- Industry expectations and requirements
Registrations are now open. To register for the Conference CLICK HERE.
The Program Committee are inviting authors or organisations interested in presenting at the 2016 Australian Long-Term Unemployment Conference. To submit an abstract CLICK HERE. Abstracts close 11 August 2016.